Our mission at DCC is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Dayton Christian Church seeks to be a force of transformation in Yamhill County and beyond by empowering people to know Jesus, be in community, and make an impact. We see transformation as being fulfilled through the proliferation of the Christian Church. In other words, it is our God given vision to affect the making of disciples and the planting of churches.
We believe that not just making fully devoted followers of Christ but planting churches is central to the mission Jesus Christ left before his ascension. Therefore we must pursue the health and vitality of our church not just to glorify God but also to empower our church to reproduce so that more fully devoted followers can be made. We believe that we must leverage everything that God has given us, from technology to committed Christ-followers, to that end.
We believe that we will never be able to realize our role in the proliferation of the Christian Church until we are actively producing fully devoted followers of Christ. We seek to employ the following as a mechanism for attracting and developing Christ-followers.
We wish to attract people who do not know Jesus, to experience Him, through passionate and uplifting worship, engaging Christ-centered preaching, and dynamic Children and Youth ministries. We are dedicated to doing anything short of sin to break down barriers that may prevent people from hearing the confrontational truth of Jesus and experiencing the overwhelming grace that comes with it.
BE IN COMMUNITY
We believe that community is an essential need that God has put into every person and that the only way of meeting that need outside the family is through God’s people. We also believe that intentional community is the most effective way to make disciples. Discipleship is about trajectory. It is taking chaos and giving it direction. When believers are discipled they are then able to reinvest in the community and pursue Jesus’ mission. The most effective method for providing this community is through Life Groups. These are small groups of individuals and couples that are dedicated to spiritual growth. Life Groups are not merely Bible studies or social groups, but they have a responsibility for the ongoing growth and care of the church. They are dedicated to the discipleship and pastoral care of their members and an extension of Jesus’ mission through the church.
MAKE AN IMPACT
Just as the Apostles were called to take the message of Jesus to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8), we believe that we are not merely called to serve Dayton but also Yamhill County, Oregon and the ends of the earth. And we will leverage everything that God has given us, from technology to committed Christ followers, to advance the gospel further. We see this not only as proclamation of the gospel but also as restorative service. We long to see every member of our church mobilized and making an impact through the power of the Holy Spirit by contributing both time and finances to further the mission.
At Dayton Christian Church we believe that if we align ourselves with the will of God and pull together in unity through the Holy Spirit we will become a vibrant multi-generational church that engages the lost, builds disciples who make disciples and plants churches. All while leading the way in restorative service of the “least of these” (Matt. 25:40).
Our Core Values
- We are dedicated to building strong families.
- We will do anything short of sin to share God’s love and message.
- We are unapologetic when it comes to the truth of God’s Word.
- We are faith-filled, big thinking, bet-the-farm, risk takers.
- We long to see people pursue God with reckless abandon.
- We will give up things we love for things we love even more.
- We believe that Jesus calls the shots, and we believe praying in his name is a life-sustaining privilege.
- We are passionate about meeting people’s needs.
What We Believe
- The Bible as the only sufficient guide for the Church and for the Christian in their life.
- That God, exists in three persons and is the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe.
- Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ, Son of the Living God and Savior of the world.
- The Holy Spirit works for our conversion, guarantees our salvation and renews us by giving us strength for living and power in prayer.
- Salvation is through the grace of God, not by works. Christ died for our sins and rose from the grave.
- One is a Christian when they commit themselves to the Lordship of Christ and have been united with Him in Baptism.
- Baptism is by immersion and done in the name of the triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- People are saved through Christ, not by being a member of this Church. Membership is about service, not salvation.
- The Lord’s Supper (Communion) is observed weekly to remember the sacrifice Jesus made for us.